Zambia Vs Tanzania Prediction And Preview

Zambia Vs Tanzania Prediction And Preview

While the Black Stars had been clear favourites on paper, the precise fact they were pushed to extra time in their quarter-final in opposition to Tunisia gave Renard’s facet the higher hand on the pitch. After a profitable club career that noticed him win two Eredivisie titles with PSV, the attacker continued to play for his nation, turning into their player-coach and even scored a profitable goal in its place against Liberia in 2004 on the age of 41. Zambia’s star striker Patson Daka says the Chipolopolo have 100 percent probabilities of qualifying for the 2021 AFCON bets Zambia

Adel Amrouche’s side have shipped 3+ goals in 4 of those seven video games, together with a 3-0 defeat to Morocco on MD 1. They are in their first AFCON finals since 2019 and like Zambia aren’t all the time at their best on the highway. If Zambia want to get into the final 16, then they actually cannot afford to lose this sport. They have by no means misplaced to DR Congo with four out of five previous meetings ending level. Zambia made it into these finals by topping qualifying Group H forward of Ivory Coast.

  • The head coach of Tanzania’s Taifa Stars, Adel Amrouche has mentioned the staff is properly ready to kick start their campaign at the ongoing TotalEnergies Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) 2023 in Cote d’Ivoire.
  • Throughout the tournament you’ll find out the recent outcomes on our page that is dedicated to yesterday’s AFCON results.
  • While the Black Stars have been clear favourites on paper, the precise fact they were pushed to extra time of their quarter-final in opposition to Tunisia gave Renard’s side the higher hand on the pitch.
  • If Zambia are to do well at AFCON 2024 then they do want to improve their latest kind.

They had been instantly afforded one other probability to win when Gervinho shot excessive and broad, and this time they made no mistake, with Sunzu scoring the winner to spark wild celebrations in Gabon, and back house in Zambia. However, following a match dominated by excellent defending from each side, the brutal actuality of a penalty shootout loomed over the two teams. Bwalya had additionally made the daring choice to reinstate Frenchman Herve Renard as coach heading into the match with the previous Cannes defender leaving the identical position solely two years prior. Now, within the 2023 version, dealing with DR Congo, Morocco, and Tanzania in a formidable group, Chipolopolo goals to showcase their historic resilience.

The 2012 champions are making a return to the event for the first time since 2015 after missing the last three editions. Zambian strain lastly paid off via Daka, whose powerful near-post header from a corner gave Manula no probability. Daka, the most high-profile Zambian having played within the Premier League with Leicester City, burst toward objective simply past the hour mark and compelled a good save from Aisha Manula.

Morocco Win To Prime Group, Hand Ivory Coast Ticket To Knockouts

Wedson Nyirenda almost qualified us to the World Cup after we lost narrowly in Nigeria. It was Wedson Nyirenda, so we had a staff already and we’ve an excellent group,” Siwale said. This year has been no totally different, with their two opening games ending in 1-1 attracts against DR Congo and Tanzania.

While Ivory Coast did have a number of possibilities to break the impasse, the ball appeared to be bouncing Zambia’s method on the evening, and after 120 minutes of goalless action, the ultimate headed to penalties. A late aim from Emmanuel Mayuka, who would finish the event as prime scorer, sealed Zambia a 1-0 win and a date with destiny that was 19 years within the making. The ultimate was to be hosted in Gabon, the country where the Chipolopolo’s aircraft crashed in 1993, with Bwalya lastly given the possibility to honour his former team-mates in probably the most becoming trend. He has scored 20 targets in 18 league matches in the Austrian champions, Red Bull Salzburg and hopes to replicate that kind for nation.

Zambia’s chances AFCON

The latter was a particularly disappointing outcome given Avram Grant’s facet were first rate favourites to win that match. Instead, they required a late Patson Daka header to save tons of a point after defender Rodrick Kabwe had been dismissed just earlier than half-time. The Opta supercomputer makes Morocco robust favourites for this contest, giving them a 60.7% chance of taking all three points and finishing as Group F winners. Zambia are given a 18.5% likelihood of causing an upset, whereas the draw is out there in at a 20.8% chance. Zambia’s final win on the AFCON still dates back to 2012 once they beat Ghana 1-0 within the semi-finals. They, after all, went on to raise the trophy within the final – beating Ivory Coast on penalties – however that game is one of eight attracts they’ve performed out in their last nine matches, losing the opposite against Cape Verde in 2015.


We have taken care of all aspects and the players are able to go and fight for the Tanzanian flag, ” stated the coach. The head coach of Tanzania’s Taifa Stars, Adel Amrouche has said the team is well ready to kick begin their campaign at the ongoing TotalEnergies Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) 2023 in Cote d’Ivoire. After falling 3-0 to Morocco of their opening match, the CECAFA representatives will have to be at their greatest to enhance their probabilities of making it to the knock out stage by selecting some factors within the remaining two matches. Kialonga had given Angola a twelfth minute lead, but Kondogbia drew his facet stage just a minute after the restart, finishing off a cross from Karl Namnganda who had just come on. But, they have been heartbroken within the 86th minute when Milson scored from a corner, with substitute goalkeeper Alladoum Kolimba misjudging his flight.

Ranked: The 25 Greatest Gamers At The 2023 Women’s World Cup

At the time of writing they have a 14.4% likelihood of lifting the trophy, behind favourites Senegal (17.9%). Throughout the match yow will discover out the current results on our web page that’s dedicated to yesterday’s AFCON outcomes. You can also uncover the upcoming games on our web page that offers details of tomorrow’s AFCON matches. Up next for Zambia might be a game towards Tanzania and this is the one group sport they are most definitely anticipated to win. Tanzania are one of the lowest ranked teams at AFCON 2024 and Zambia have won their final three games in opposition to them. They’ve settled down since then with Avram Grant (formerly a manager with Ghana,Portsmouth, Chelsea and West Ham United) in cost and main them to these finals.

Zambia Vs Morocco Prediction And Preview

Zambia and Morocco’s last encounter was in the African Nations Championship in January 2021, with Morocco winning 3-1 in Cameroon.

Certainly, It’s A National Disaster, And It Might Get Worse

Other key players for Zambia embrace Albert Kangwanda who scored the winning objective in opposition to South Africa in July of final yr. Kelvin Kampamba is an experienced midfielder but hasn’t scored for Zambia since 2020. In 2012, all of the glory goes to Zambia, who dedicated their win to those who lost their lives in the tragic 1993 aircraft crash. The gamers and coaches will now return to their house country as nationwide heroes, following a proud campaign which could not have been scripted higher. Ivory Coast then launched Max Gradel to proceedings, and his tempo proved a real handful for the Chipolopolo. The former Leeds man additionally came near settling the contest in regular time, but his shot trickled broad of the post with simply minutes remaining.

” Morocco is a giant and troublesome staff, it is doubtless considered one of the best groups in Africa and the world in the meanwhile, so we respect them but that does not cease us from going to fight them. One factor that brought us right here is Tanzania to win this championship, ” added the skilled ahead who featured for English Premier League facet Aston Villa few years ago. Tanzania will subsequent face Zambia on January21st, and wind up with the last Group J match on January twenty fourth towards the Democratic Republic of Congo. Tanzania are the one staff that certified from the Council of East and Central Africa Football Associations (CECAFA) to play on the AFCON 2023.

But Acting coach Hemed Suleiman Morocco who took over the fort after head coach Adel Amrouche’s suspension says they’ve learnt so much from the competitors. After losing 3-0 within the opening Group F match to Morocco, Taifa Stars battled to a 1-1 draw against Zambia with Simon Nsuva netting the goal, and concluding with a goalless draw against DR Congo to complete with 2 factors. With a loss that means the Copper Bullets exit from the tournament, Zambia continued to look for an all-important equaliser however could not even manage a shot on course over 40 minutes into the second half. A nervy start for Zambia was almost made even worse inside the opening 10 minutes when Ismael Saibari was allowed far an extreme quantity of room in the space earlier than seeing his effort properly blocked by Stoppila Sunzu. The stress weighed heavier on the 2012 AFCON Champions Zambia, who wanted no much less than a draw to stand any likelihood of computerized qualification, whereas Group leaders Morocco simply needed to avoid defeat.